Home remedies are like magic wand with which we can cure any common health disorder. Here are some tips to help you deal with stomach ache with the help of home remedies. Read on to know more about the causes of stomach ache and some home remedies for treating it.
Stomach ache is a term used generally for the pain experienced in the abdominal region. There are many reasons behind stomach ache and so the remedies also vary depending on the exact cause. Also the pain can be mild or severe and it can occur in men, women and children. Before you start any remedy, natural or artificial, it is important you find out the reason behind the stomach ache.
Common Causes for Stomach Ache
- Acidity or gas
- Kidney stones
- Food poisoning
- Infection in urinary tract
- Infection in gallbladder
Home Remedies for Stomach Ache
Note* You must consult your pediatrician if you want to try the following home remedies on your children. Some of the home remedies mentioned may not be suitable for children. You must avoid such remedies if you or your children are allergic to any of the ingredients mentioned below.
- To get relief from any type of stomach ache, you can drink lemon tea. Add some honey for taste.
- For quick relief from stomach ache, make a mixture of 1 teaspoon of mint juice, 1 teaspoon of limejuice, some ginger juice and add black salt to it. Drink this mixture.
- Take out the juice of a small piece of grinded ginger and apply locally on the bottom of your belly. This will give relief from stomach ache and is an effective natural remedy.
- If the stomach ache is due to gas, acidity or indigestion, you can drink plain soda for immediate relief.
- Take 50 ml of warm water and add two teaspoon of limejuice and one gram of black salt to it. Take this mixture three times a day for relief from stomach ache.
- Taking some carom seeds and equal amount of black salt with warm water also provides relief from stomach ache.
- Equal amounts of dry ginger, roasted cumin seeds, coriander, asafoetida, black pepper, dry mint leaves, garlic and black salt can be taken and grinded together. Take one or half teaspoonful of this mixture with warm water. The quantity varies depending on the severity of the pain. This should be taken after meals and two to three times a day.
- Women experience this type of pain during menstrual periods and giving local heat treatment helps relieve this pain.
- Soak aniseeds in water overnight and drink the water straining the seeds for relief from stomach ache.
- Mixing one teaspoonful of ginger juice with one teaspoonful of castor oil gives relief from stomach ache and can be taken twice daily.