With blazing sun, it is important to keep your little ones hydrated. Kid’s can sometimes be bored of drinking water. So, which are the best summer drinks to keep toddler’s hydrated?
It is true that eating whole fruits is much better than drinking juices, but during summer, appetite level goes down and kids find it difficult to eat. Juices are a great way to ensure that their daily requirement of nutrition is met!
Here is a list of some yummy and healthy summer drinks for your toddler.
- Lemonade: This simple and easy to make lemonade is not only refreshing but is also considered to be very nutritious.It is a good source of vitamin C. Just add water and sugar to a glass of lemon juice. You can even add crushed mint and salt for an extra twist.
- Coconut Water: This was my favorite drink when I was pregnant. Coconut water is very healthy as it rich in dietary fiber, vitamins and minerals. It is a wonderful energy drink and prevents dehydration and also great for kids who have diarrhea.
- Lassi: It is the perfect drink to beat the heat in summers.Lassi is a simple drink made with curd and is good for digestion, skin, heart and immunity. Lassi helps to cool down the body temperature. Blend curd, water and sugar together using a blender and lassi is ready!
- Pomegranate juice: This juice helps fight infections, inflammation, heart diseases, joint pain etc. Remove the pomegranate seeds and add mint leaves. Blend and extract the juice. You can remove the seeds and pulp from the juice using a strainer.
- Watermelon juice with cucumber: We all know how refreshing is watermelon juice. It contains anti-oxidants, vitamins and is excellent to hydrate the body. Transform your watermelon juice by adding cucumber to it. Cucumber is rich in dietary fiber, vitamins A and K. Peel the cucumber and remove its seeds. Using a blender, extract the juice and add it to watermelon juice.
- Mixed Fruit Smoothie: You can cut small pieces of different fruits like banana, mango, papaya etc and add it in a blender along with yogurt. Smoothie is ready! You can even add honey for additional flavor.